Friday, November 30, 2012

Not everything is a s it seems.

I am currently working on a project that uses multiple passes. In 3DS Max there is a nice feature called State Sets. You can record scene states, like if you are setting up a AO pass and need some masks. I seems to be pretty simple to use. I like it other then it breaks and gives me an error. At that point it stops working and I have to go back to a previous save and hope it is working in there. The idea of the feature is great but the execution not quite there. My work around is to just duplicate the object and apply the AO material or mask material or what ever it is you need. This way I can setup each render fairly painlessly. Not as quick as state sets but it also works. Well that has been my crux this week and if there is something else that is quicker and easier I am all ears.

No comments: