Friday, November 16, 2012

Rendering and Compositing

Compositing renders. That has always been a little trouble for me. I figure out how I want to do it then I don't need to do it for a while probably just enough time to forget how I was doing it. Well this is how I do it. It is not unique to me. I have learned this from various sources over time and am not sure where exactly.

Renders (3D Max)
Ambient Occlusion - All is visible, no exposure  control and material override with AO material
Shadow- objects not visible. They just need to cast shadows
Color- Visible but not casting shadows

Compositing (order in stack  in AE)
AO - Set mode to multiply
Color - Add a simple choker effect to remove Anti-aliasing (set to about 1)
Shadow- Adjust opacity and add a blur effect to soften


No comments: